Provincial Life Credits: 5 credits (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON)
CFP® Certificants: 5 credits (Financial Planning)
Planning an estate centres on these activities:
- Has a will been written? Is it up to date?
- Where is the will? Who knows its location?
- Based on the will, who is specified to inherit which asset? What are the tax implications for the inheritor?
- Are estate assets to be sold to fulfill requests and pay tax?
- Will assets including insurance be enough to fulfill the wishes expressed in the will? If not, what needs to change?
This course provides consideration and context for these questions. It provides a wealth of no-nonsense detail about plans that must be made during life, what happens to the estate at death, and how to prepare for taxes now and then. A focus on insurance products and structure ensures you will equip your clients with insurance designed to meet their needs.
This course helps you to structure a plan for the future that can eliminate worry now.