Provincial Life Credits: 5 credits (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON)
CFP® Certificants: 5 credits (Financial Planning)
Every single client in your wheelhouse has at least one asset. Some will have many. Some are lucky enough to have assets with enough value that both probate and income tax must be considered in the future when those assets are distributed. No one wants to see their hard-earned savings going to tax unnecessarily.
The information in this course will help to ensure that those savings are retained and passed along. It is key to both planning an estate and planning finances. You’ll learn-
- Asset ownership and how it affects transition;
- The assets that comprise an estate or form part of the net worth calculation;
- Whether the assets transition to another at death and, if so, how that transition occurs;
- Tax liability that arises from asset transition — this includes both probate (or estate administration) tax and income tax;
- How to reduce tax liability to effectively increase net worth and estate value.
This course covers these points and provides great ideas for solutions to minimize probate and tax.