Provincial Life Credits: 5 credits in (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON)
CFP® Certificants: 5 credits (Financial Planning)
This course has two parts to ramp up product knowledge and an understanding of needs.
Part One defines insurance terms for the Canadian advisor. You will:
- update knowledge of life insurance products and features;
- compare product features;
- evaluate life insurance features and benefits to meet suitability obligations;;
- identify which features align with client needs;
- assess products in view of replacement and the replacement declaration;
- describe aspects of policy application, claims, and other general provisions.
Part Two covers disclosure in the context of the sales approach advocated by the CLHIA (Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association). This information is essential to your day-to-day activities and your overall practice.
This course satisfies product knowledge and disclosure basics for agents and advisors.