Provincial Life Credits: 3 credits in (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON)
CFP® Certificant: 3 credits (Financial Planning)
Institute Credits: 3 credits
The Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is nothing less than brilliant: it’s free government money to help ensure a better future for children. What’s not to like?
So, why do so many university students head off to school without the benefit of an RESP? Why are parents, grandparents, and students all taking on debt that could have been partly or entirely eliminated by an RESP? Do you ever hear any of these objections?:
- We don’t understand the reasons for the plan.
- We don’t feel a responsibility for our child’s university costs.
- We don’t know how to invest the money.
- We don’t understand how our child receives the money.
- We don’t know how to obtain the government grant.
- We don’t have the money.
- We don’t know whether to use a scholarship RESP.
This course will give you the answers to these objections, and others too. It clearly lays out the types of plans, investment considerations, and how to take advantage of compounding within an account.
This is easy course reading that is going to spark your motivation to promote this must-have financial product! Get started now!